Payroll / New Hire Forms
Full Time Employment Package
Welcome to the City of Taunton. Below you will find links to forms that will need to be completed and returned to Human Resources prior to your beginning work, so that we can get you set up in our system. Please contact Human Resources if you have any questions about the forms or what is required with some of them.
The following forms are required and the links for the forms are below. Please print and complete the forms and bring to the Human Resources office:
- Statement concerning your employment in a job not covered by Social Security
- Form W-4 for Federal tax withholding
- Massachusetts Form M-4 for State tax withholding
- Form I-9/Employment eligibility. This form is required by the Federal government in order to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Follow the instructions on which forms of identification can be used (i.e. U.S. Passport, driver's license, birth certificate, etc.). We must see the original of your choice of form of identification. This form must be complete to the satisfaction of the HR Department PRIOR to the employee beginning work and witnessed by an HR employee.
- Employee Emergency Contact Information Form
- Direct Deposit form, and cancelled check or bank letter.
- Retirement Board form which must be brought to the Retirement Board. This form can be obtained from Human Resources or the Retirement Board. You will need the beneficiary name, social security number and the form must be witnessed by someone other than the beneficiary before you go to the Retirement Board. The Retirement Board employees can NOT witness the form. The Retirement Board is located at Emond Professional Building, Suite Number 203, 104 Dean Street, Taunton, MA.
- Teacher's Retirement - school teachers will enroll in the MTRS via their online portal. This information will be obtained from the school department.
- You will get an email from Employee Forward to set up an account to view your paystubs. Please follow the instructions in the email to set up your account. All Employees must have an Employee Forward account as this is the only way to view your paystub.
The following optional benefits are available to full time non seasonal employees who work 20 or more hours:
- Health Insurance. The City offers an HMO or PPO plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield. The City covers 75% of the premium. You will need the names, social security numbers, dates of birth and primary care physicians names (PCP required for HMO only) for any dependents you wish to add to the insurance.
- Dental Insurance. Altus Dental is offered to employees. The City contributes 75% of the premium. In addition to the basic dental insurance the City offers a buy-up plan. Employees are responsible for 100% of the premium cost. You will need the names and dates of birth for any dependents you wish to put on the insurance.
- Life Insurance is offered through Boston Mutual. If you elect health or dental insurance, you MUST have life insurance. You will need a beneficiary name, beneficiary date of birth and beneficiary social security number.
Employee Paid Optional Benefits:
During open enrollment, which is usually between March and April each year, you have the option to enroll in additional optional benefits which are 100% paid for by the Employee. The following benefits are available: short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, additional, spousal or dependent life insurance, accident insurance and deferred compensation plans. Vision Insurance is offered through Blue 2020. These benefits are 100% paid for by the employee. Representatives will be available during open enrollment to discuss what is offered with Employees.
If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources Department.
Forms & Links
- W-4 Federal Withholding Form (PDF)
- M-4 Mass Withholding Form (PDF)
- Form I-9 Instructions
- Form I-9
- Direct Deposit Form (PDF)
- Social Security Disclosure Form (PDF)
- Health Insurance Responsibility Disclosure Form (Full-Time Employee) (PDF)
- Health Insurance Responsibility Disclosure Form (Part-Time Employee) (PDF)
- Group Insurance Cost
- Welcome to the BENCOR OBRA Plan (PDF) (For Part Time Under 20 Hours, or Seasonal Employees)